Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Q and A!

I found this cute survey on one of my new fav blogs, You, Me and Anthropologie. Since Christmas is 19 days away ( eeeek!) I thought I'd jump in on the holiday fun. Plus I'm drinking a peppermint mocha ( skinny with half the syrup pumps) so I'm feeling super festive.


What's your favorite Christmas cartoon?
Definitely the Grinch but Charlie Brown is another close favorite. I seriously wanted to live in Whoville at some point in my life.

What's your favorite Christmas movie?
Oh goodness, I'll just start the list :)  Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause, The Holiday, The Family Stone, and The Christmas List. If you haven't seen the Christmas List you are missing out! Its an old ABC family movie and is my all time fav.  I still make sure I DVR it every year.

What's your favorite Christmas song?
Wowsers. How much time do you have?  Well my recent favorite is my sister in law Katie's rendition of Mary Did you Know but since she I'm sure won't sing it for the blog, I'll leave you with a few more.
Anything by Manheim Steamroller. Amy Grants first Christmas CD, Mariah Carey, " Christmas in Hollis" by Run DMC ( part joke, part very real) or Judy Garlands " Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" Oh and Stevie Nicks "Silent Night".

Where do you spend Christmas?
Our families are both in VA and we are in CA. We try to do 5 or 6 days at home over the holidays. J and I's parents now only live about 5 minutes away from each other. When we got married we decided on the whole " alternate years on Christmas Eve and Day". Last year we had a wonderful time on the farm for Christmas with his parents. This year, we are staying at my parents for Christmas Eve and morning. Either way, it's always fabulous and we get lots of family time in!

Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
We open one present on Christmas Eve and then the rest of them on Christmas morning. Normally something from my Aunt Lynn. On Christmas morning it's very methodical and it always has been. We all have spots that we sit around the tree and it's my sister Blair and I's job to pass around the presents. Once we all have our gift piles, coffee/mimosas, and mom has a notepad we are ready to go! One at a time we open, " oooohhh and ahhhhh" while mom makes us Thank you note lists. She's the Best!

Do you have stockings?
Stockings are always one of my favorite parts! We do those first and they are always laid next to the presents off the mantle when we come down the stairs. Dad always gets a huge bag of peanut M and M's in his to start so we obviously snack on those all morning. Our stockings are full of candy, sometimes jewelry, DVD's and other little gifts.

Which reindeer is your favorite?
Prancer. He just sounds fun.

How are you at wrapping presents?
Pretty darn good if I do say so myself. It's one of my favorite things to do. 

Do you go out shopping the day after Christmas?
Nope, try to avoid it. Now a days, J and I are normally on a plane back to California the day after.

Do you buy a Christmas dress/outfit every year?
If my husband is reading this than no. But, yes. I've already got mine this year since Milly gave it to me last year for Christmas :) It's the perfect Christmas dress that I'll pair with a black blazer, tights and ankle boots. Done and Done.

Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider, or Egg Nog?
Hot chocolate ( salted caramel if there is a choice) and Egg Nog. Really, just Egg Nog flavored things since the real Egg Nog has something like 20 grams of fat in it. Yikes!

Gingerbread man or frosted sugar cookie?
Frosted sugar cookies for SURE! My sister in law Kelly and Milly make the BEST sugar cookies. They are seriously famous! I'm attempting the family recipe this weekend with J so we will see if I'm a true Kennedy or not!

Real tree or fake tree?
My answer is real overall. We grew up with huge real trees, so did hubs. When we moved, we decided on a fake tree since we are gone during Christmas. I just so think we scored the most beautiful fake tree and have hung Christmas tree scented ornaments on it that work like a charm. You get the smell without the real tree. When we have kiddos, it's real all the way.

Put up your own lights or drive around and look at other people's lights?
Both! This year we were fortunate to have our landlord cover our house in lights for us so it worked out well! One of my favorite things to do is walk around the neighborhood at night and look at all the pretty sparkles!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: