Wednesday, October 21, 2009

50 lil punkin's....

     Tomorrow we pack up 2 hospital size first aid kits, 1 epi pen, 11 inhalers 3 containers of Clorox and baby wipes, 5 mini tissue packs, 6 garbage bags, 50 kindergarteners, 4 teachers, one school bus and a partridge in a pear tree? Why not. Sounds like a three-ring circus to me but I couldn't be more excited!

                                          Our first field trip!!!

Chesterfield Berry Farm here we come! Brace yourselves, someone will fall off the tractor ride, someone will cry because they miss their mom, someone will cry because we tell them they cant get a pumpkin that weighs more than them and a few I’m sure will forget or loose their lunch/snack/minds. I love it! The kids are sooooo excited and have been waiting forever to go. We were supposed to go last week but it was freezing and soaking wet with the rain everyday, so it got postponed. One of my sweetest boys asked me on Monday... " Miss Tretiak, since we didn't get to go to the pumpkin patch does that mean we have to skip Halloween this year?" After I finished laughing I assured him that indeed we were going and that Halloween was still on the way. The look of relief on his face was priceless. Lucky for us, quite a few parents are meeting us at the patch to help relieve some of the pressure that comes with keeping up with 50 small children in a corn maze.
      To top it all off,  I had a mom yesterday pull me aside and ask if her son could sit up front with me because there was a pretty solid chance he would get  sick on the bus and loose his breakfast. Ummmm nope. No thanks, not interested! Luckily, I guess, the aide in the other class gets motion sick as well. She promised they could stick together in the front. Therefore, I will be in the back of the bus leading the riveting renditions of Yankee Doodle and the Hannah Montana theme song one of my girls suggested we sing on the ride. Why not right? I might even try to start a round robin version of Party in the USA and see how it goes..... Also, in the spirit of being on elementary school field trips again, I’m packing a pizza lunchable to eat at the picnic tomorrow. I am however replacing the Capri Sun from back in the day with a few Diet Cokes. Halloween Oreos? Double stuffed you say? Don't miiiind if I do. Im super excited, wish me luck!!! 

No comments: