Wednesday, October 28, 2009

With an oink oink here....

I wonder if they actually sell hazmat suits online. If I had a dollar for every child that has come up to me and said " Ms. Tretiak, I dont feel so good" I would have enough money for like 20 Diet Cokes. In my world Diet Coke is as good as gold. Actually if given a sack of gold versus a cold fountain "dc" I would seriously weigh my options. Who pays in gold these days anyways? Onto my original point, my sick kids! At one point we had 10 absent from my class! We have clorox wipes in each center, enough Purell to sanitize the entire modern world and tissues by the dozen. Between the swine flu, strep, and the common cold  ( all of which are going around the class) we are sending kids home left and right. Luckily ( knock on wood), my preemie immune system has been holding up swimmingly. Now, granted, my kids are getting smart. The healthy ones have caught on that we are airing on the side of caution these days. If one person has a stomach ache and asks to go to the nurse, 7 more all of a sudden fall ill right there on the spot. It's tough to weed out the ones that are actually sick from those that have "sympathy symptoms" as the hillarious nurse calls them. Swine flu or not we are pressing on...we have worksheets to finish, letters to sound out and patterns to make. All in a kindergarteners days work.... 
 

No comments: