Happy Friday!
Happy Weekend!
I discovered this little gem this morning and just had to link up. Go check out the cuteness.
I'm posting the I eat this entire thing myself Peach and Gorgonzola Chicken Pizza via Cooking Light.
Yall, when I say this is weird yet amazing, take my word for it.
Why? Because I make this whole pizza, then pretend that I forgot my husband doesn't like it, and THEN proceed to eat it all in one, maybe two, sessions. A little rude? Maybe, but he does ok. The man loves cereal for dinner. Who am I to get in the way of that?
I digress, here it is, in it's amazing glory.
Please make the salad and throw it on top.
You'll thank me.
Ingredients
- 1 (10-ounce) prebaked thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium unpeeled peach, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
Prep
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil evenly over crust. Top evenly with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, Gorgonzola cheese, and peach slices. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 11 minutes or until crust browns.
3. Place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 5 minutes). Drizzle balsamic reduction evenly over pizza. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Arugula Salad
Combine 1 teaspoon minced shallots, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon honey in a large bowl; gradually whisk in 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add 4 cups loosely packed arugula and 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion to bowl; toss gently to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Now that I've posted that, I need to make it for dinner. I hate when that happens.
On a side note: I do make my husband dinner on a nightly basis. I love to cook. He does not live off of cereal alone. But he would be happy if I let him. I'm just saying.




9 comments:
Dear Emily,
Nice to meet you.
Thank you for sharing.
Look's so good!
Enjoy the sunshine.
Cheers,
Coastal Blue Ocean
I love pizza!!
I am blog hopping today and I am happy to stop by your blog!!
Please stop by either or both of my blogs (and become a follower if you aren't one already):
So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com
Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com
Have a Happy Friday and a blessed weekend! :0)
omg! I've seen this pizza so many times that I feel like it's a sign that I MUST try it!! :)
Happy Weekend!
xo::Lauren @ tickled.
I looooove your blog! So glad I found you on FF & P! I saw this recipe and was hoping to make it soon. Thanks for the tip with the salad--I'm not sure I would have definitely made it to go on top. ;)
Looks delicious! Adding this to my recipe list!
Emily,
Thanks for your sweet words-
Thanks for linking up and linking back to me.
I appreciate it very much!!
This looks so yummmmmy. I haven't had anything but coffee and I am about to eat my hand looking at all these great recipes!
Hope your weekend is blessed!
D
Stopping by from FFP link up. You had me at PEACH. Can't wait to try it! Just got my tomato pie recipe posted today. It's NOT light.
It looks wonderful
wowsers! I'm so so glad to have stumbled on your blog! These recipes look positively yummy...and I know they'll be big hits in our apartment :) hope you're having a fabulous weekend! xoxo {av}
Post a Comment