Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Cheer and one big victory!

The start of the the holidays around here...






Needs a little adjusting but you get the general idea.....

See, even in Southern California we have fires at night! It's actually really cold right now. That could be in part to the fact that our heat doesn't work. Lucky me, the gas company gave me an appointment on December 13th. Really??? So until then, it's Uggs at all times for this chick.

It's a pretty quiet night around here. I've been feeling really really gross all day which means nothing got done around the house. Yikes. Luckily, the laundry machine isn't going anywhere.  J is court side at a Lakers game with some clients so I took the liberty of downloading all the good movies I could find On Demand. I discovered the 1938 classic "Holiday". Katherine Hepburn + Cary Grant + old black and white movie  = amazing. Seriously, if you haven't watched it, download it now.


PS. Why don't more people have white tie New Years Eve parties and wear formal dresses all the time anymore? Those were the days. 

Now its on to another classic, Sleepless in Seattle. Obviously that movie needs no explaining! Im pretty sure anything, and I mean anything, Nora Ephron works on I instantly love. 

On a fantastic side note, I have to give a huge shout out to my husband!!! We found out at the end of last week that he passed the California Bar exam!!!! This is no small feat my friends, really, there's like a 50% pass rate. The pure excitement and anxiety was seriously unbearable. We were nervously drinking patiently waiting with friends at our house when we found out. This idea in hindsight could have gone terribly wrong. Luckily, not the case! All three guys passed with flying colors. This made for some VERY happy wives. We were jumping, hugging, screaming, champagne was flying, wine was being spilled and it was pure madness. The firm took us all out for drinks and a nice dinner so good times were had by all! Hours of studying and thousands of notecards paid off and the victory is well deserved! To really celebrate last night, this was what J decided to do...


...... sit in front of the fire and burn thousands of study notecards in our fireplace. I was enjoying the view from the couch with a glass of wine. Which is in part to blame for the poor picture quality. It was such a relief for him to just get rid of it all. Very therapeutic. Congrats to all the new lawyers out there!

Hope everyone's having a good week!






2 comments:

Kit said...

Congrats to your husband! That is great news!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the last pic. CONGRATS JIM! and i love your skinny tree! xoxo