From the beginning.... well the oldest pic I have on my comp. We've been causing a ruckus together since we were in pull-ups. We even wore matching clothes almost everyday of preschool. NOT on purpose.
On our fantastic "backpacking" aka nice hotel trip through Europe. It was the best graduation present and there are countless stories to tell. They involve black socks, countrysides filled with sunflowers, padded bike shorts, the Italian police, a fabulous redition of " Born in the USA" upon landing in NYC and of course some Vino.
This picture was her idea. Her " signature face" as we refer to it. We lived together in Manhattan and contrary to popular belief it was one of my favorite years thus far. We wined, dined ( too much I think), biked through the burrows, shopped, got our first big girl jobs, worked way too hard and not hard enough, had a serious dance party habit, laid in bed with a bag too many of mint milanos, turned over some new leaves and met some hot cops from Queens. Oh your names Vinny? This is your friend Mario? Shocker.Bottom line, when it came to picking a Maid of Honor I knew she was my gal. She keeps me laughing and never lets me beat myself up too much, except about my thinning hair which she gets a kick out of.
We've "been together" for over 20 years and have so many memories and stories I cant even begin to count. Shes been my personal DJ when I've needed a beat, my motivational speaker when I get a little blue and the best type of friend a gal could ask for. I love her dearly and am slowly trying to convince her to leave the big city and move beachside with me in Cali. Its a work in progress :) You remember the dance moves sista? August is fast approaching!


No comments:
Post a Comment