Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Weekend!

I love the weekends! Hubby and I don't have a ton planned and thats just what we need!  Some errands, some football, some relaxing! Plus, it's really feeling like fall out here and I am really loving breaking out my riding boots!

  We are both meeting friends for happy hour drinks so I wanted to get something prepped for dinner before I headed out..( since I know after a glass or two of wine its better if I can just stick something in the oven when we get home!) I have been craving poppyseed chicken, like thinking about it all the time..funny thing is I've never had it!  I saw this recipe on Kelly's recipe blog and I just NEEDED to make it...please tell me that happens to someone else?
Plus, you tell me to crumble ritz crackers  and pour some butter on top and I'm sold. Good old fashioned comfort food!

Poppy seed chicken

2 or 3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut in small pieces
1 16 oz sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken
2 tbls of poppyseeds (I don't measure - I just shake a ton in)
Ritz crackers
1 stick of butter

Mix the first 4 ingredients and put in a baking dish. Cover with crushed up ritz crackers. Melt a stick of butter and pour on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350.






photo courtesy of Kelly's recipes...

PS. The adorable little boys across the street are running back and forth across their driveway howling like ghosts and pretending to ride on broomsticks.. glad we picked up some serious Halloween candy for trick or treating!



No comments: