Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Road Runner

12:00 am. J just got back from the office, he's now sitting at our "office" desk finishing up his memo from home...apparently he can " lawyer" and dance in the seat at the same time..impressive. Yep there's my sweater wearing, bourbon drinking, air guitar-ing very musically talented husband. Gotta love him.

I however chose to take the relax on the couch path. It's past my bedtime.

Today I realized I miss running. Call me crazy ( and some of you are, I know which ones) but I really miss being super active all the time. I was always an athlete. Still am, but I consider myself retired for the time being. Today it hit me like a brick, I have GOT to start pounding the pavement again. No reason not too around here. No humidity, trails for miles on the water and some fancy under armor given to me a year ago by a bestie of mine for my birthday. Keep in mind it was a motivational tactic on her part to get me in shape for my wedding. Subtle. Around 1:00 I strapped on my shoes, downloaded a running tracker to my phone, updated my pandora stations and hit the road. Well, first I had to stop and buy new headphone because I very accidentally ruined the expensive ones J let me borrow. He definitely got more than he bargained for. I also, prematurely maybe, put a running counter on my blog here. Its to hold me accountable. If it doesn't get updated soon, I will remove it and we will never speak of it again.

I chose the back bay path today. Three miles of heaven. I decided to ease into the whole long distance thing. Get my sea legs back. And you know what? I still got em. It felt good. Not to mention I got a gnarly tan running in a tank top. I obvi stopped a few times to capture the scenery from the trail. ( Which is code for I needed to stop and catch my breath for a hot sec)

              



It was so gorgeous. The back bay is kinda btw the ocean front and the mountains.Weird sounding I know but it's 22 miles of trails plus hiking excursions galore. I saw one that was labeled " From the mountains to the sea".. maybe next time. As I was running to my country station on my phone, I crested over a hill to find....lo and behold, I do declare, a " Southern Mansion". You may not be able to tell from this pic but it was a water facing, wrap around porch wearin', balconies a blazin', american flag flyin' plantation house and all. I wish I could have gotten closer but the trail went to the right. It really put a giddy-up in my two step. Ok, I will stop with the southern cliches but as a born and raised gal from the south it made my skirt fly up as the pioneer woman would say.


It was so refreshing to get out and just run. I forgot how much I liked it. How relaxing it was. Like I said, it felt good. I figured out half of the worlds problems. I used all my remaining energy to sprint the last mile or so. I think it was all the feel good energy. That or I had already fixated my brain on an ice cold fountain DC and when that happens there is no return. 


hahaha and now I have to go, J is actually out of his seat shakin and movin dangerously close to me in the living room. Nothing like a midnight dance party right?  I'm pretty sure he just broke out a version of an irish jig. He keeps me young.  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

youre such an inspiration to us all.

haha xoxo.
no for real. super blogger and super runner!! 2 for 2!