Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: 11 in 2011


Day 6: Best Organizational Tips

I am about as qualified to give organizational advice as I am to perform brain surgery, which I assure you I'm not. Sometimes I function under the organized chaos theory at home from time to time. At work I was a meticulous filer, list maker, planner etc so at home Im a little more relaxed? That's my excuse and I'm sticking too it. Never dirty, just sometimes a little dicey. I will leave you with a tip that is really helpful if you cook a lot like me.


First of all, if you need to organize anything in your home, including parties, Martha's got you covered. Head {here}to get a list for lot's of things around the house!

Spices
I used her spice list to start building our spice collection. I buy 2 or 3 every time I head to the store, normally based on what I'm cooking for dinners that week. Also, keep a list taped to your inside cabinet of all the spices you have, in alphabetical order. That way you always can just reference a list and see what you have or need for a recipe. It's so helpful because even though my spices are in neat lines I can't read all the labels at one time. 
Eventually, my spice rack will look like this obviously.

{here}



   That's really all I've got for you today. The only other tip we live by around here is using a dual laundry basket where whites get put it one section and darks in another so I never have to sort clothes before I wash? Lame I know.  I'm hoping I can learn some things from you fabulous gals!


It's almost the weekend!!
      


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing those great spice racks...I wonder if I can find a place for one in my kitchen...

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love those spice racks, only if I had the room to create them!

... said...

That's a good idea. Every time I make a recipe with spices I always have to go through all of mine to see if I have that spice or not. If I kept a list it would make so much more sense. I'm going to put this on my to do list.

Natalie said...

I just found your blog-- I'm from Maryland and moved to SoCal with my husband, your blog title intrigued me and I'm glad to have found it!

Kristy said...

I use the same laundry sorting hamper! Love it!!! :)

Kit said...

I love that spice rack!

star said...

I am loving that spice rack! I want one!! I don't think I have space for it in my kitchen though!