Sunday, January 16, 2011

sunday and sailing away

Happy Sunday!

I was dying for french toast this morning and luckily I had all the ingredients plus a french baguette. Don't you love when that happens? Eggs. French toast. Brown sugar whipped butter. Yes Please. I need all the energy and fuel I can get because......



WE'RE MOVING!



AGAIN!


I'm excited/ not quite ready to repack everything I just unpacked. Long story short, we love our little house but some things weren't being handled correctly or to my expectations living in this neighborhood. We pay a lot to live here and it just was getting a little redic. So, being married to a lawyer, he very kindly negotiate us out of the lease. While we were debating whether to even start negotiations with the landlord, we found the cutest house on a walk one day! It was perfect, same size and even still had hardwood and a fireplace. It all worked out great! Plus, the move will be easy since it's only 4 blocks from our current place. Our lease over there starts the first and I have to have our house ready to show starting Monday. I don't love that, but it will kick my butt into cleaning and re-packing. Did I mention we just moved here 4 months ago? But hey, we are moving up and over and couldn't be happier!


a few houses down is this adorable bridge, which goes...


here


Ahhhhh, considering it's going to be upper 70's all week I just might have to do some laying out!
I can't wait!



Also, when summer rolls around hubs suggested we start sailing. Seriously, the best idea ever. We are going to take lessons with a sailing school here so eventually we can get to the point where we can take a boat out ourselves! I love being on the water and at best I could maybe sail a sunfish AND at that, it's been 10 years. I'm seriously jazzed.




Hope everyone had a great weekend!






And as a random side note- when Kate and I were moving to NYC we literally walked around singing this song. It was our apartment hunting theme song. But hey, we will give anything a theme song. Hysterical memories. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stinks that you're having to go through moving again, but that little bridge looks like its in the cutest neighborhood!! And just a little hop down to the beach :)

Anonymous said...

moving buddies! i feel your packing pain!

post pics! i wanna see your new cribbb.