Thursday, January 20, 2011

new house, new furniture?

     That's my motto at least... I'm not going to buy all new furniture since I want to stay married but I am going to re-do most of the stuff that we have so it will match the new space! I love a good project.
 Here's whats on tap so far.


1. Chalkboard paint. I love it and was looking for a way to incorporate it without painting a wall or kitchen cabinet. Bring in our bar.


This is the general style of our cabinet. Ours is painted black and looks a little more modern. I can't get my pics to load on the computer. So, Im going to distress the black a little bit since it's kind of shiny. Then, the 4 panels are going to be painted in black chalkboard paint. I thought it would be fun to write cocktail recipes or drink menus for parties. It's also going to get new knobs of some sort.
PS. The cabinet used to hold some clothes of mine as a toddler and now it holds our wine glasses and service/party glassware. How fitting.


2. Burlap. I seriously have a love affair with burlap. It's a little weird but I love the natural texture and color. Our dining table is a good size white farm table. I keep flowers on it but I wanted a permanent runner to break up all the white. I'll be crafting....

pic via Emerson Made.

I like the initials of the above cloth but with the color of the one below...I'll see what I can do


pic via {here}


3. Desk duty. Our computer desk is plain and white. 

It needs a make over on top since it's had it's fair share of use. It was mine through college. So, to camouflage the top I'm going to cork it. It sounds weird trust me. I got the idea from my gal Martha via {here} I would never want to use it on a side table or coffee table but for a desk I think it could be great. I guess I'll find out. 



I have a lot more I want to do but one thing at a time!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

love your ideas, esp the cabinet with the chalkboard paint! can't wait to see how everything turns out!