Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday!


Hi! I'm back for T2T with Taylor! I only have a few minutes but I wanted to get caught up with my normal blogging routine!  A sister-tastic post to follow asap when I can get pics uploaded. Her trip was so much hysterical fun and I miss her already!! We really had a blast! 
It's major moving week so I've gotta hop to it....


Top 2 Things You've Learned About Friendship

{true friends can be measured in the good and the bad times}

Obviously, I hope you all have fabulous friends, fabulous lives and nothing bad ever happens :) BUT, thats probably not true all the time. When E's dad died I saw the biggest display of true friendship I've ever seen. It was hard, sad, depressing, uncomfortable and very real. Girls came from all up the East coast, West coast and in the middle. Just to be a support. Just to be there. Just in case she wanted some company. We talked, hugged, prayed, sang, distracted, loved and had a few cocktails with our dear girl. You can have a million friends when you want to go dancing on a Saturday night, ( and believe me, thats a great perk of having girlfriends), but when your life is truly shattered with death, breakups or bad haircuts it really shines a light on your greatest friends. 



{friendships change and thats OK}

I've had a really hard time in the past few years accepting that while nothing life shattering happened to weaken a friendship, people change and its OK. People grow apart and friendships evolve. I might not have the same girlfriends I had in high school, I may just keep in touch with half. A few of my college girlfriends and I might not talk as much because we have just moved on to different parts of our lives, and thats ok too. I've been blessed to have so many great friends at different parts of my life and some through my entire life. But its ok to have things change, shift and rearrange. Theres always room for new friends and ALWAYS  be thankful and appreciative of the ones you have. 





"After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if your very lucky, a plane ride away" 



Happy Tuesday! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your post... I feel that friends are there when it matters most and even though sometimes it's hard, friendships do change...

Jesslyn Amber said...

Love this post! You have great answers. I relate personally to the second one. {It was my #1!} I'm a believer that true friends can grow and change as a person without leaving their friends behind. :)

I love your blog! We seem to have a lot in common. I'm following you now!

P.S. I love your background. I've really been into these geometric patterns lately. :)

Anonymous said...

i really needed to hear this today! love love you!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Seems like you and I have lots of the same thoughts! Great post!