Monday, February 28, 2011

50 Misc Things on Monday

Hi lovelies! Happy Monday! Last week was a learning curve for me. I was trying to learn the way around my new job, how to be a working wife, get things done around the house and still feed my husband. We ate out way too much. So onto this week! Lots of great stuff happening around here. The personal highlight for me is my fav JL gals and I are getting together to watch "Troop Beverly Hills". Our last meeting was very troop esq so we decided to flash back to an all time classic this week. Wine and fun to be had!

To start the week off right I'm linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters. Head on over and check out her fantastic blog.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


I loved Kit's 50 things she did about herself this week over on her blog {here} so I decided to fill all my fabulous readers in on some things about me. 


1. I dyed my hair dark brown one New Years,  2 hours before we went out, because I decided that brown would look so much better with my gold dress. 
2. I've known my husband since we were 15. 
3. We dated for 3 years before we got married but I knew he was it before our first date
4. If I could have everything in my house be white or some shade of white I would.


5. I take baths when I'm cold. Not to get clean, just because I'm cold. I get it from my momma
6. I watch the Food Network any time the TV's on.
7. My first car was a jeep cherokee painted in a custom color, millennium blue. 
8. I broke my pelvis after getting hit by a car in France. I didn't fully break it until I got back to the states and was playing volleyball.
9. Speaking of which, my doctor here told me that when I have kids, we wont know if my pelvis will re-break during delivery until I'm actually pregnant. Ummmmm ouch?
10.  I wear black everyday. I'm not sad, it's just what Im comfortable in
11. I didn't have any color in our wedding. All white everything. Long black bridesmaid dresses.


12. I love, and I mean love, red wine
13. I could eat a cheeseburger and fries every night. Luckily, I do not.
14. I crave parmesan cheese
15. Patsy Cline, is my all time fav..old school
16. I've been to 10 countries.
17. 7 of those in the same trip
18. There is no better place then Blacksburg in the Fall or Spring
19.  I have to burn candles at night. It makes my house feel clean.


20. I would rather do manual labor then have my picture taken.
21. I can't listen to anyone eat cereal, eat chips or drink hot coffee. It's weird. Ask any of my roommates or husband.
22. If given the chance I would build my dream home

23. I will never be able to convince J to do so
24. I have an unhealthy relationship with leggings
25. Christmas is my fav time of the year


26. I sneak in Christmas music starting in Oct.
27. J and I are starting to sail when the weather get's a little warmer
28. You can wear flip flops year round here, and I do
29. I took a sewing lab for my major in college. I have way too many funny stories about that.
30. I have 3 sistas and 2 sil's that I adore. 
31. I salt every chip individually at Mexican restaurant.


32. I you couldn't tell, I'm a salty over sweet gal
33. I can't eat the K's chili without making myself sick full. It's that good.
34. I lived in 5 houses growing up.  
35. My BF Liz and I  have made up a lot of songs in our lives. My personal favorite is " Shrubs" the plant rendition of Destiny Childs " Scrubs"
36. I did cotillion for 4 years. White gloves and all. We always had a blast.
37.  I tried out for cheerleading 3 times. Took the hint after the third, started volleyball. Best decision ever.
38. Played on a national volleyball team and had the time of my life
39. I turned down full college scholarships for high-jumping.  I had jumped  enough and wouldn't have had it any other way. My parents might have disagreed with me :)
40.  Manicures are my guilty pleasure
41. Next on my list of places to go is Ireland. Both sides of hubs family is Irish. Mine is Ukraine so Ireland won out. I have no desire to travel to the Ukraine.

42.  I have 60ish pairs of shoes and that's after I gave some away. It's bad people. It's all I want to buy.

43. My husband will not enjoy that last fact.
44. I love blogging and have met the best gals.
45. I miss the East coast, but can see myself living in Cali for a long time. ( sorry mom)
46. I love the smell of paper plants. It always reminds me of driving into Savannah to see my granny t.
47. NYC is my favorite city. Always has been.

48. Any movie with Tom Hanks. Meg Ryan or Meryl Streep and I'm in.
49.  I love each and everyone of my followers!
50. I'm not the biggest fan of Mondays, but then again who is?



Happy Monday!!!



4 comments:

Kit said...

I would love that same house! Maybe we could build it together ;) I loved getting to know you better!!!

I am not a big fan of Mondays either!

Lauren Caldwell said...

I love your 50 facts! How fun!

Happy Monday! :)

Lauren @ tickled.

meghan said...

I read through the first 25 and had to stop because I had so much to say. I also take showers when I'm cold. I didn't know other people did it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE food network, and yes, watch it whenever the tv is on. It is so soothing and I have so many favorites. I love Ina the most. Who is yours? I love the color black. My boyfriend sometimes refers to me as Johnny Cash and I don't mind. And lastly, I cannot stand listening to people eat cereal or chips or slurp coffee either. I literally feel like I'm going to go physically insane. So odd.

Sorry I had so much to say, but when I read these facts it makes me feel happy to see other people have the same quirks as me. :)

Ashley said...

I also take baths when I am cold!! My husband always gives me a hard time!! Glad I am not the only one!