Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Cake

Last night we had a few friends over for the Super Bowl and it was a blast! I wanted to share one of my fav recipes that I made last night because everyone and I mean EVERYONE should try this cake. I just had some for breakfast!

Here's what you'll need:

1/4 cup chopped pecans ( optional)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3 oz) box vanilla instant pudding
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup white wine;  I use Pinot Grigio but whatevs you want to drink once your done  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts in bottom of pan if using. Mix remaining ingredients with electric mixer until well blended, about 3 minutes. Pour into pan and bake for about an hour or until the cake pulls away slightly from the side of the pan. About 10 minutes before cake is done, prepare glaze.

Glaze:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulates white sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup white wine


Boil butter, sugar and water for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the white wine. Pour half the glaze over the hot cake. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto serving platter. Using a wooden skewer gently poke holes from top to bottom. Pour other half of glaze slowly onto the cake. 


It is the BEST!!


And in case you missed the Super Bowl or the commercials here's my fav.



1 comment:

MeredithT said...

That was my fav too. Loved that cutie!