Tuesday, February 8, 2011

T2T



Happy Tuesday! It's time for another top 2 tuesday over with Taylor..head on over and link up!


Top Two Things I've Learned About Blogging

{It's not a competition}

It's not about who can post the most, has the most followers, does the most giveaways or comments the most.  Do I love posting? yes. Do I love all my followers? yes. Do I love all the giveaways? yes. Do I love comments and commenting? yes. But, it's not a competition. You should never feel pressure from other bloggers to do more, post more etc. It's your blog and its about what your comfortable with. You'll be so much happier if you write about things you love and things that interest you,  not  what you think people think you should be writing about just to "keep up".




{ Use your own original voice}

I saw this lesson on the Pioneer Woman and I really agree. I write like I talk and what I would talk about goes on the blog. It's more of a brain dump sometimes but that's ok. I use things that I like and I love. There are so many blogs that inspire me but I try to provide original stuff for you gals to read and look at.   It's as simple as that.






Hope you guys are having fabulous weeks!

8 comments:

Brianna! said...

Great GREAT tips
I think it is so easy to get caught up in gaining new readers and having alot of followers.
But we can't forget that It's for us to be able to talk to be who we are.

Thanks for the reminder

xoxo
bB

Beth McC. said...

LOVE both of these! I think its big time obvious when people try to compete with their blogs, I dont get that!!

Anonymous said...

Great tips!! I agree with both. I would feel so uncomfortable creating a "new" blog me.

Jesslyn Amber said...

GREAT TIPS!
I love #1! Sometimes I also believe that people really do try to compete. And thats not what blogging is about.

Everyone should do what they're comfortable with. You're absolutely right! :)

Tess said...

Love it - thank you. I defintley agree that you should blog the way you talk, and blog about what you would talk about! Love it!

Ashley said...

I am a new follower! Can't wait to start reading your posts!

Lyndsey said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! i'm glad to hear I'm still coming off as "glowing" because I definitely don't feel it, haha!

So true about blogging. Sometimes I just blab and blab but it makes it so much more real!

Anonymous said...

Love the tips! I try to write like I would if we were just having a conversation :)