Top 2 things I've learned from parents/grandparents
{1}
Never stop showing the love
Over 60 years and the best example. He drove her crazy simply because he loved her soooo dang much. He is and was always complimenting her, telling us how lucky he is, how pretty she is etc etc.. He calls her slimness. It makes me smile. The way he looks at her and just smiles that smile that is sooooo my granddad. She always took the best care of him, us, everyone. Even though he can't talk anymore and is bedridden my grandma who is blind mind you, wheels herself over to his room every single day and sits with him. Day after day, tirelessly. I'm positive in his head he's singing her " pal of my cradle days" and still driving her crazy. Love crazy that is. I can hear her shouting/laughing from the kitchen " Daaaaave, stop singing that turrrible song".
Over 60 years and the best example. He drove her crazy simply because he loved her soooo dang much. He is and was always complimenting her, telling us how lucky he is, how pretty she is etc etc.. He calls her slimness. It makes me smile. The way he looks at her and just smiles that smile that is sooooo my granddad. She always took the best care of him, us, everyone. Even though he can't talk anymore and is bedridden my grandma who is blind mind you, wheels herself over to his room every single day and sits with him. Day after day, tirelessly. I'm positive in his head he's singing her " pal of my cradle days" and still driving her crazy. Love crazy that is. I can hear her shouting/laughing from the kitchen " Daaaaave, stop singing that turrrible song".
Now thats love.
leaving their wedding, how I always picture them
{2}
In a week, my parents are headed off to Italy to celebrate 30 years of marriage. Thats something to celebrate. Out of the countless things I've learned from them, I think the most pertinent, especially now, it what marriage is. I've never heard my dad say a bad or negative thing about my mom. Vice versa. I never questioned whether they loved each other. Was it always easy with sunshine and floating hearts ? nope. It was beautiful, hard work, dedication, support, love, the occasional debate, long road trips, kids dance recitals, volleyball games and cheering competitions, driving cotillion carpools, glasses of wine with dinner and after 30 years, still wanting to vacation with your best friend.
running through rice on their wedding day
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!



2 comments:
Those pictures are so classic!! I wish I had one of my grandparents on their wedding day.
Oh I love this! Those pictures are amazing!
Happy Tuesday!
Lauren @ tickled.
Post a Comment